Self-Help Recommendations to improve how you Think, Feel, and Respond
Stop Self-Sabotage by Dr. Judy Ho, Ph.D.
Six steps to unlock your true motivation, harness your willpower, and get out of your own way
CBT For Dummies by Rob Wilson & Rhena Branch
Learn how to take your negative thoughts to boot camp and retrain them, establishing new habits that tackle your toxic thoughts and retool your awareness, allowing you to be free of the weight of past negative thinking biases.
Rising Strong by Brene Brown, Ph.D.
How the ability to reset rransforms the way we Live, love, parent, and lead
Feeling Great by Dr. David D. Burns, MD
The revolutionary new treatment for depression and anxiety
The Happiness Trap by Russ Harris
How to stop struggling and start living: A guide to acceptance and commitment therapy
The Highly Sensitive Person by Elaine N. Aron, Ph.D.
How to thrive when the world overwhelms you
The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work by John Gottman, PH.D
A practical guide from the country’s foremost relationship expert
Man's Search for Meaning by Victor E. Frankl
Frankl’s universal lessons for coping with suffering and finding one’s purpose in life offer an unforgettable message for readers seeking solace and guidance
Resources & Freebies
The following resources can provide you with additional help and education.
- Free Therapy Worksheets
- Hypothetical vs. Real Problem Worry Workbook for Anxiety (Can be applied to various worries other than COVID)
- DBT Skills: Mindfulness, Distress Tolerance, Emotion Regulation, and Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Anxiety Test
- Depression Test
- Free tools: The Wellness Society
- Free Personality Test
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
- National Institute of Mental Health
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration
- American Kidney Fund: Mental Health and Kidney Disease
- American Kidney Fund: Financial Assistance
- Support Groups for Kidney Patients
Suicide/Crisis and Hotlines